This easy recipe is something everyone can make from the ingredients they probably have sitting around somewhere in the kitchen. It's a great, refreshing recipe for the summer time, to serve at a summer garden party. For me, it's more of a lunch recipe, but I reckon it would work well for dinner as well, mainly as a side dish.
- 1 can kidney beans (approximately 400g), drained
- 1 can white beans/navy beans (approximately 400g), drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- Half of a big cucumber, cut into long thin rectangles
- 1 big tomato, deseeded and chopped into squares
- 2 chopped spring onions (you can also add any other onions)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Combine the mayonnaise and sour cream in a big bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add all the other ingredients (the beans, corn, cucumber, tomato and spring onions) and mix into the sauce.
3. Serve immediately, or cool and then serve.
As you can immediately see, this is a really short recipe that doesn't have a lot of steps. It's really easy to make, once you've prepared all the ingredients, and I'd say it'd definitely be a crowd pleaser at a garden party or barbeque. It's healthy and easy to make... What could be better?!